Mixtape Spotlight - Tony Touch 5 Deadly Venoms Of Brooklyn


This is my favorite mixtape of all time. I bought this at Just Dance Records on University Dr in Tempe Arizona in 1998. Everything about this tape is what I love about rap music and Dj'ing. There were a lot of firsts for me because of this tape,  the first time I heard the Busy Bee VS. Kool Moe Dee battle, the first time I heard (intro beat) the "Tried By 12" by The East Flatbush Project, the first time I heard Evil Dee outside of Blackmoon, & the first time I heard "live" rap performances on a mixtape, thanks Premier.  Plus, look at the superstar dj line-up! I'm not sure if something like this has ever been done since but this classic stands firm even today in 2020. What's your favorite mix tape? 



Mixed By The Lizard aka P.F. Cuttin':
1.P.F. Cuttin' – "5 Deadly Venoms Of Brooklyn - Intro"
2.Verbal Hoods – "I'll Be Damned"
3.Dr. Dre & B-Real – "Puppet Master"
4.Breez Evahflowin' – "Forsaken"
5.Busta Rhymes & Q-Tip – "Wild Hot"
6.Camp Lo – "Say Word"
7.The Dutchmin' – "Surrounded"
8.Powerule – "Bright Lights, Big City"

Mixed By The Toad aka Mister Cee:
1.Zhané – "Request Line (Mister Cee Blend)"
2.KRS-One – "Raptures Delight"
3.Yvette Michele – "Not Feelin' You (Mister Cee Blend)"
4.The Veterans – "The Medicine"
5.Notorious B.I.G. – "Hypnotize"
6.Frankie Cutlass, Kool G Rap, Mobb Deep & M.O.P. – "Know The Game"
7.Mobb Deep – "Young Luv"

Mixed By The Snake aka Tony Touch:
1.Tony Touch – "Deadly Freestyle"
2.Steele Kat One & Lil' Noc – "Freestyle"
3.Freddie Foxxx – "Freestyle"
4.Sunz Of Man & Makeeba – "Freestyle"
5.Guru – "Freestyle"
6.Channel Live & Benny Boom – "Freestyle"
7.Jeru The Damaja & Lil' Dap – "Freestyle"

Mixed By The Scorpion aka DJ Premier:
1.Grand Wizard Theodore & Kevie Kev Rockwell – "Military Cut"
2.Busy Bee vs. Kool Moe Dee – "Live At The Harlem World"
3.Double Trouble – "Live At The Amphitheater L.E.S."
4.The Cold Crush Brothers – "It's Us"
5.T La Rock – "It's Yours"
6.LL Cool J – "I Need A Beat (Jazzy Mix 1984)"
7.Malcolm McLaren & The World's Famous Supreme Team – "Buffalo Gals"
8.MC Lyte – "I Cram To Understand"
9.Divine Force Crew – "Holy War"
10.DJ Premier – "Ending Interlude"

Mixed By The Centipede aka Evil Dee:
1.Black Skavengers – "Poison Pill"
2.Jeru the Damaja – "Me Or The Papes"
3.M.O.P. – "Downtown Swinga"
4.Krumb Snatcha – "Gettin' Closer To God"
5.Shamus & Flu – "Tight Team"
6.AK Skills – "East To West"


7.Shadez Of Brooklyn – "Calm Under Pressure"

No comments:

Post a Comment