LL Cool J-Nitro World Tour 1989-90



This was one of those tours that made you fall in love with Rap music. The Mecca was at capacity, about 12-13,000 people and the me and my crew were ready to party. As the flier shows, there was no filler, just top notch artists. The nights openers were EPMD and De La Soul. Now this may sound crazy but back then it was those kinds of groups that would open the show and perform while fans were still entering the venue and didn't get a lot of attention. I don't remember anything too memorable about De La's performance but EPMD was rollin with Dj Scratch and he burned the house down with his solo. I remember him standing on the dj table rockin doubles of RUN-DMC's "Run's House", cutting the records through his legs, rockin different body tricks, he was the man!
Slick Rick had the biggest Rap album in the country at the time so he could do no wrong that night. He had these tall white pillars on stage and his female dancers were dressed like belly dancers. Of course he had on about 200lbs of gold jewelry and so did Dj Vance Wright.
Big Daddy Kane came out wearing a double breasted pimp suit and wearing several huge gold chains. Back then, Scoop and Scrap Lover were the baddest dancers in the business. Well, them and Bobby Brown's dancers, anyway, halfway through the show, Big Daddy Kane came back out on stage in a huge hot tub which drove all the girls into a frenzy.
When LL's time came to take the stage, he entered the stage driving a cherry red Ferrari. This was the first time I've ever seen LL perform with back-up dancers and yes, I said "back-up" as it was also the first time I've ever seen LL dance,    a lot. This was a great show and a great time in Rap music. They don't make shows like this anymore. 

      

11 comments:

  1. I think this is the best blog I have been through all this day. see this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thxs for posting I was the only male dancer for LL Cool J & choreographer who taught LL to dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Can you describe your hair back then?

      Delete
    2. I had a High top cameo with a Blonde Streak, do you have any pictures from that tour? www.youtube.com/doncer

      Delete
    3. I wish I did have pics from that show. I remember a guy dancer who had this super tall flat looking hairdo. I also remember this was thee first and only time I've ever seen LL dancing throughout the entire concert. He was good at it too.

      Delete
    4. Yea that was me I taught LL And choreographed the routines He made me dance as solo male dancer. Check my youtube for more.

      Delete
    5. I'll check it out an thanks for he info. That was a great show. I remember you bent your hair forward and everyone was waiting for it to break,lol! LL came on stage in a Lamborghini right?

      Delete
  4. Yes he did.... I think you should check out & share this book, "The Artist 2Pacology : The Origins" by The Don Killuminati 
    Free Excerpts. How to become Iconic!

    Start reading it Now for free: http://a.co/0dyxc60

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to this @ the San Diego Sports Arena, we were WAY too young to be at that concert but it was f*cking fantastic!! I’m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice any pictures? To see more of my work . https://youtube.com/c/TheDoncer

      Delete