Vinyl Shop Spotlight-Gramaphone Records


The last vinyl spot I hit up on my recent trip to the midwest was Gramaphone Records located in the Lincoln Park section of Chicago. I haven't been to this place since the 90's. This is where Dj's go to shop! One of the biggest selections of House music along with Techno, Drum N Bass, Trance, Electronic, & Downtempo can be found here. Back in the day, Gramaphone had the largest selection of mixtapes (cassettes) of any spot I have ever been in. So many in fact that they did not have enough space to display them all. You actually had to flip through several binders to find what you were looking for. I was hoping to find some but apparently they have been gone for years. I did however find some cool 45's and some vintage Chicago random rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment