Make It A Life Worth Living

 Willis,

   At the beginning of the 2019 pandemic shut-down, I called everyone I knew who didn't own a car to make sure they were stocked up on food and water. You were the first person I called. Sadly you didn't answer. I called the second phone number I had for you but it was disconnected. After several attempts I concluded that you changed your numbers again. I also had a few topics of conversation I wanted us to engage in. Sadly, that too never happened. If there is one thing I can say about you it is that you were a Warrior. A survivor. I simply can't believe that you are gone. You were the heart of downtown Phoenix. It feels dead now and will obviously never be the same. I know that you are only sleeping so until we meet again, rest peacefully.

   This Saturday I will attempt to play some records in your memory. Your friend and brother, Darrell D.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment